Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Priorities

Priorities. I have been thinking a lot about this lately. Mostly because I feel I never have enough time to get what I need done, much less what I want. But, then as I was sitting in Bible study and discussing priorities, I thought, "Is it that I don't have enough time or is it that I am not using the time I have to it's fullest potential?" I want to spend time with my God, my son and my husband. I want a clean house and a good dinner on the table. I want all the laundry done. I want to be able to spend just a little time doing something I love like reading or scrapbooking. But, "who has the time," I ask myself. Today I am finally listening to God as He has been trying to set my priorities for me. I can actually do all of that - and do it well. It's not about being superwoman, it's about being a daughter to a super God. He wants me to study His Word and be active in my relationship with Him. He wants me to care for my home and my family. He wants me to have a few moments of peace so that I can get ready for a new day, but most of all He wants me. All of me. Not just what I want to give him whenever I feel I can spare a few moments.

I have realized this is the key. Many say, "What are your priorities? What is important to you?" I say, "Who cares!" It's not about me. It's all about the Most High - and as Beth Moore puts it, "there is no high like the Most High!" So, I have decided to let Him set my priorities. I have decided to make Him first in all things. This takes the pressure off me and puts it all on Him. I don't think he minds. His shoulders can carry it all. Now, if I can just remember to not take back all the stuff I have given Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment